33 books to go!

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Why I Haven't Posted Lately, Or, How NaNoWriMo Controlled My Life (Or, A Message from the Queen of Excuses!)

As you may or may not have noticed (I mean, I'm not sure how often you visit me here) I have not posted much lately.  In fact, I have not posted since early November.  Hmm.  Suspicious . . .

Turns out, NaNoWriMo - National Novel Writing Month, aka November - is the most time-consuming thing you could do.  Like, ever.  Basically, I have spent the past month trying to write 50,000 words of a novel.  

Reading?  
         Forget it.  
Homework?
         I could probably just skim this chapter.
Family time?  Social life?
         Nah.
Watching TV?
         Wait, we have a TV?

Okay, I did watch a little TV.  But the point is that I didn't get as much reviewing or blogging done as I would have liked to.  

Hey, it was worth it.  Although I will most likely never ever publish it, I have a (shortish, unfinished) manuscript to my name.  I reached my goal!  And if you've been around here for a while, you know how I am with goals . . .

On the bright side, I will have a little bit more time on my hands now.  Who knows?  I might even be able to post a few reviews.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's not as scary as it looks! I promise . . .