33 books to go!

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Destined (Aprilynne Pike)

***

The final installment in Aprilynne Pike's Wings series

         Laurel now knows that Yuki is a Winter faerie, and she is more than capable of helping Klea destroy Avalon.  Laurel, Tamani, David, and Chelsea must open the gates to warn everyone that Klea is coming.  Even with advance notice, Avalon doesn't have enough time to prepare for the battle that will determine the survival of the Winter dynasty.  Their only hope lies in humans Chelsea and David, who might be able to turn the tide in a war that can't be won with faerie magic alone.

         I really, really loved this series when I read the first book, Wings.  I didn't enjoy the following books quite as much, including Destined.  However, it was a pretty good ending to the series.  I was glad to get some closure on the Laurel-Tamani-David love triangle (I won't tell you how it ended, but it was a relief for me).  I wish that instead of having four books in this series, books three and four were sandwiched together.  There is a lot of action covered in Destined, but it really feels like the next chapter in Illusions instead of a new book.  If you've read the other Wings books and plan on reading this one as well, make a point of reading Illusions again first.  I think that's the best way to maximize enjoyment of the last book in this series.

Rating: 3/5
Completed: July 19, 2012

Hello, Blog Viewers!
If anyone has a good book recommendation or two, I would love to hear from you in the comments.  Or you could say hello, if you don't have any suggestions.  I just want to meet the people who read the blog.  Don't be shy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's not as scary as it looks! I promise . . .