33 books to go!

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

Hi, everyone!

I can't believe 2012 is over.  Thanks to everyone who checked in to read my posts and follow my progress!  Sadly, I didn't even come close to my goal this year: I clocked in at 49 books.  On the bright side, now I have a clean slate and a whole 365 days to shoot for a new goal.

I've decided that my 2013 goal will be 75 books.  That seems a little more reasonable, even if it's sad to lower the goal.  I figure that with standardized testing, two AP exams, and college applications ahead of me, I'm not going to have tons of free time on my hands.  My plan is to go at it until the end of June.  Then, I'll reassess the situation and decide if I should bring the goal back up.

This year, I've also decided to count books that I reread towards my goal.  Several people have told me that I should do it, and far be it from me to argue against something that makes my life easier (and allows me to read more Harry Potter).  As long as I read the book from cover to cover, not just skipping around to my favorite parts, it counts.

Hopefully everyone will stick around and keep reading the blog this year!  If you want to be notified when I post something new, try following Books on the Bluff.  Also, don't forget to comment on any of my posts if you have something to say.  You don't need to be a follower to do it.  I would love to get to know some of the people who read the blog this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's not as scary as it looks! I promise . . .