33 books to go!

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

BookWatch: Something to Get Excited About . . . Big Time

         Blog readers, there is something that many of you do not know about me (at least, those of you who don't know me personally).  It's something you probably should know, seeing as this is a book blog, so I'll tell you.  I am a huge fan of Harry Potter.  I say "huge", but that's only a verbal representation of something that cannot really be expressed in words.  I've read J.K. Rowling's books so many times that I've lost count.  I finished Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows the day it was released.  I love, love, love everything J.K. Rowling has written.

So, I'm obviously quite excited about her new adults' book, which is coming out on 27 September:

Want to read a summary of the book on goodreads.com?  Click here.

Apparently, The Casual Vacancy won't have anything to do with the wizarding world.  Part of me is sad about that because I can't get enough of Harry Potter.  On the other hand, though, I'm excited to see what else J.K. Rowling can come up with.  My expectations for the book are super-high (which is probably unfair to the book), but I think Rowling will deliver.  Who knows?  Maybe this will be better.  Actually, I'm not sure that's humanly possible . . . but hopefully it's just as good as Harry.  

Any other Potter fans out there?  Will you be reading The Casual Vacancy?  Post in the comments to tell me what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's not as scary as it looks! I promise . . .