33 books to go!

Thursday, July 26, 2012

The Watch that Ends the Night (Allan Wolf)

***

         Written in verse from the perspective of two dozen or so people, animals, and inanimate objects, The Watch that Ends the Night tells the story of those involved in the Titanic's maiden voyage.

         This was a really neat way of reading about the Titanic - it blended fact and fiction nicely.  Some of the characters were created by the author, but many were real people who were on the ship when it sank.  In the back of the book, there is a whole section that tells you about the characters' lives and whether they survived or not.  This would be a good read for those who are interested in the Titanic.

Rating: 3/5
Completed: June 26, 2012

        Sorry for the super-short description and review today.  I've decided I should probably get started on my summer assignments for school.  So far I haven't been able to shrink the workload by putting it off . . . go figure.  Native Americans, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's not as scary as it looks! I promise . . .