33 books to go!

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Our Town (Thornton Wilder)

***

         Our Town is a play set in Grover's Corners, a small and secluded town in Maine.  It follows the lives of the Webb and Gibbs families as they experience life, love, and death.  
         
         I read this in English class, which usually ends up ruining books for me.  Many of the themes in Our Town (such as the significance of time) would have been interesting except for the fact that we spent far too much time discussing the play.  In fact, I'm having a hard time bringing myself to talk about it at all.  However, I did enjoy it before breaking it down in class.  Try to read this only when you are in a particularly philosophical mood - it can be somewhat depressing.  On the whole, probably a good book in the right setting.

Rating: 3/5
Completed: Early March

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's not as scary as it looks! I promise . . .